Friday, 13 June 2014

Iv'e started, so i'll finish

Hello!!!!!  Long time no blog post, no excuses really... so here is what iv'e been up to lately.

On the 1st June (this year) I decided enough was enough.  Stuffing myself with sugary goodies and getting hungry every night at around 9.30pm had been taking its toll, soooooooooooooo I had a word with myself (yes I talk to myself all the time) and knew that if I carried on not really caring how I looked after myself I would regret it, so for the last 13 days I have had 3 meals a day, absolutely no snacking in-between and not even half a biscuit has passed my lips.  I exercise on the beach walk just outside our home each day, I bought a bike, only eat wholemeal or seeded brown bread (no white bread) and the biggest shock to me is how easily I have forgotten chocolate - 13 days without this gorgeous treat is, to say the least, a miracle. I never knew I had it in me.  :)

I have also been creating art  for an ongoing journal swap, here are my mermaids that will be winging their way to their new owners very soon.




I have also been trying to finish a short story (to self publish) in time for Christmas (apologies for the C word), here is the cover!  A girl with antlers, mmmmmmm!  All will be revealed soon if all goes to plan :)





4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it's not just me who talks to themselves :) Your will power is inspiring. I often start eating healthy and am quickly tempted away by treats. Your mermaids are beautiful. I can't wait to hear more about your book, what an amazing thing to do.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. "All the best people do you know! ". You must visit with several ladies of the sea from time to time now? Lovely paintings! And I will be on the look-out for your prose!
    xoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talking to yourself is great - I do it all the time..!!
    Well done on the health/diet. I'm also trying to shift the extra that I seem to have gathered over the last 2-3 years. I think the realisation that nothing I bought last summer was going to fit this year really brought home the fact that I need to get my act together..!! I haven't been as good as you though but I'm keeping at it......
    Jo. xx

    ReplyDelete

Spam is deleted at source and no links are ever seen or opened